Friday, May 20, 2011

I Made It!

Well, after weeks and weeks of hiring paperwork, emails galore, and mental preparation...I'm here! Although I will miss my family, friends and Ryzie, I am excited to see where this crazy adventure takes me!


I must say, yesterday truly snuck up on me! Before I knew it I was all packed up and in the passenger seat of Ryan's car ready to fly thousands of miles away! 


All packed and ready to go!

My flights to Anchorage couldn't have gone more perfectly! I was a little squished but all in all, I had wonderful conversation with the people around me and had no delays or cancellations. Oh and the Houston Airport....wow did it surprise me! What a beautiful terminal building and amazing facilities! 



Beautiful Concourse


The flight from Houston to Anchorage was just about 7 hours long and boy did it creep by! The views of the Canadian Rockies from 30,000 feet were absolutely stunning and I was very lucky to have this amazing woman next to me who works with Imogen Heap over in the UK! How awesome!!! 




Talk about a mountainous approach!

The approach into to Anchorage was on the bumpy side to say the least, but the pilot still managed to sit us down safe and sound. As I walked down the gangway and looked to my right I thought, "wow, you don't see that view from the Orlando airport!




I made my way to baggage and then waved down a cabby to take me to my home away from home for four months! After a quick ten minutes, and twenty bucks...I was there only to be welcomed by my amazing roommate Kristin for the summer! Our apartment is small, but very clean, in the heart of downtown, and at a pretty reasonable cost! 




 Small, but efficient!

McKinley Tower

Our Mailbox! Feel free to send packages ;-)


After I moved some things and got settled, Kristin and I headed out for a walk around the town and a quick bite to eat. We downed some Buffalo burgers and a pitcher of beer and headed back to the apartment for some shut eye considering I was tired from traveling and Kristin's day started at 5 this morning! yikes! 


Staying warm on 4th Ave

All in all, so far so good and only time will tell how the rest plays out! Today my adventure involves a Wal-mart trip, and buying a bike so I can explore this new place! Let's just hope I don't get attacked by a moose...(that happened to a girl last night in Anchorage). 

6 comments:

  1. Awesome job babe! Look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. J-Riv! I'm so glad you've chosen to share your adventure with all of us! I can't wait to hear about all of the amazing things you'll be doing... have a great time! :)
    ~Jodie Lavoie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to read more! Glad you made it there! Have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad you made it! can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You impress me at every turn, my dear ...*Officially* keeping tabs on you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete